Snow Sports New Zealand is the FIS (International Ski Federation) and New Zealand Olympic Committee-recognised National Sports Organisation (NSO) representing snow sports in New Zealand.
As the umbrella organisation for snow sports, we provide a wide range of support services, resources and leadership skills to promote the activities of our member organisations.
Snow Sports New Zealand’s objectives are to:
- Promote skiing and snowboarding as fun, exhilarating outdoor activities for people of all ages and abilities;
- Promote the awareness of snow sports as an activity capable of improving physical health, fitness and well-being;
- Provide opportunities for competitive and developing athletes and coaches to improve their skills;
- Establish athlete and coaching pathways that will see New Zealand athletes compete and win on the world stage;
- Provide ongoing opportunities in snow sports for people with disabilities;
- Promote sustainability, good governance and management in the operation of Snow Sports New Zealand and its member organisations.
- Promote snow sports as a significant contributor to the New Zealand economy.
We’re passionate about our sports, and we truly believe that a positive first experience on snow leads to a lifetime of unforgettable moments and pure enjoyment.
Our Guiding Principals
Our goal is to help our member sports promote the kiwi ideal of outdoor adventure, and to provide the resources to our members to help them grow their sports by attracting and retaining new skiers and snowboarders.
Snow Sports New Zealand exists for the benefit of its member organisations, all of whom seek to open the door to new and existing skiers and riders to enjoy the thrill of sliding on snow.
We have a "whole of sport" approach – from recreational participants right up to elite athletes who represent New Zealand on the world stage.
Our overall goal is to maintain and grow a stable of self-sustaining organisations that effectively promote, develop, manage and grow their sports.